In just a few days, one of the most significant organized events known to most Seventh-Day Adventists worldwide will be taking place in St. Louis, Missouri, USA — the 61st General Conference (GC) Session. However, hosting thousands of individuals in one location while ensuring each has the necessary information to enjoy the experience is no easy feat. Therefore, to provide delegates and both in-person and remote attendees with an accessible, streamlined, and paperless experience, Daniel Bogdanov, Webmaster for the Communication Department of the General Conference, managed the development of a digital application for all to use —the GC Session 2022 St. Louis app.
Bogdanov created the app intending to provide a simple and user-friendly experience for all who will attend the session. It will be an interactive and helpful way to stay organized and on time for every program onsite. Although paper copies of particular session items will be provided to delegates, the app contains all session content, allowing attendees to find what they need right at their fingertips. Bogdanov shares, “this app will be the primary tool for delegates and attendees to find all the materials they need during their stay in St. Louis.”
Bogdanov summarized the application content into three sections: “business,” “attendees,” and “information.” Each unit includes the following information:
- Delegates attending business meetings can access agendas, schedules, brochures, and essential documents for the day.
- Attendees can view program live streams in real-time in six languages, including English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and American Sign Language.
- Individuals can permit app notifications to receive live event updates and news straight to their phones.
- Enjoy daily spiritual inspiration, including musical concerts, playlists, and devotional videos. In addition, info regarding the onsite prayer room facilitating prayer during the session week is included.
- Remote and in-person attendees can access the Virtual Exhibition Experience, including booths, chat rooms, and webinars.
- St. Louis maps, transportation options, and a list of local hotels can also be found within the app.
- Stay updated on the latest news through the official news sources of the Seventh Day Adventist World Church: ANN and the Adventist Review.
- Access and interact with several social media accounts involved in this year’s GC Session.
- Find important safety and emergency information like accessibility, first aid stations in the Convention Center, and local hospitals nearby.
- Attendees can find details regarding session meals, including meal times and menu items.
- A phone directory with essential contact info is available if needed.
“The application is for everyone. Even if you are not joining us in St. Louis, feel free to download the app,” adds Bogdanov. “The app is not just a tool to find the schedule or watch devotionals. The app will make you feel like you’re there”.
The GC Session app is available for download on both Apple and Android devices. To download the GC Session 2022 St. Louis app for Apple devices, go to https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/gc-session-2022-st-louis/id910285379. For Android users, go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sherpa.gcsdacontainer
For more information regarding the GC Session app, go to https://www.gcsession.org/mobile-app/